Greater Life's Expansion Project
Who We Are
Pastor Mark Spell has always had a love for people and the desire to see them prosper spiritually, mentally and physically. With this principle as a foundation, the Greater Life Christian Church was instituted in 1997 with the purpose of changing lives through teaching, outreach and prayer. Since conception the church has reached many and has been instrumental in influencing and changing many lives. At Greater Life Church Inc. we are very proud of our Charter School affiliation with the Institute for the Development of Young Leaders. This K-8th grade Charter school currently serves over 140 students and is earmarked to add another grade level in the 2017 fiscal school year and an additional grade level each year through 12th grade.
Our MissionIn April of 2015 God blessed the Greater Life Church Family with 18.9 acres of land located at 4115 Angier Avenue in Durham, NC and we truly believe that with great blessings come great responsibilities. So, in a continued effort to support our community we are excited about the opportunity to offer a centralized campus that will allow additional activities for youth
enrichment, adult provisioning, as well as offer the required educational facilities. 4115 Angier Ave is conveniently located near 6 major highways (US Hwy 70, US Hwy 98, I-40, I-540, and I85 and NC Hwy 147) with connections to downtown Durham, Brier Creek, RTP, Universities and hospitals which would be a great source for additional volunteers and corporate partnerships. The overall mission is for this facility to be used as a development and resource center for all ages. We want this to be a place where friendships are created, new goals are formed and needs are met. We want people to love being here! God is love and we want to show that love in the service that we offer our community.
Community OutreachIn our anticipation to do more we are very proud of the great things that God is allowing us to do currently. Here are some of our current Outreach Programs:
- Prison Ministry - Saturday Morning teaching and Prayer. Tuesdays (twice/month) Bible Study and Prayer
- College Campus Outreach
- Street Ministry Outreach – To understand the community needs
- Public School Teachers Outreach – Working with the teachers at Club Blvd Magnet school to assist where needed during the school year and provide supplies for their classrooms
- Hospital Care Visits – Offer prayer visits as requested to anyone hospitalized in the community
- First Responders Care – Offering support through volunteerism to Fire Fighters, EMS workers and Police Department as requested
- The Boys and Girls Club Outreach – Partnering with the Durham Boys and Girls Club offering volunteers for mentorship and program coordination.
- Annual Back-to-School book bag and school supply giveaway
- Annual Turkey – Along with Corporate sponsor with provide 50-100 turkeys for community families in need
- Toys for Tots – We partner with the Marines Toys for Tots program to offer toys in December for low income families
- Annual Coat Drive – We collect gently used coats and hats and provide them at no cost to anyone in need.
- Habitat for Humanity (Home building assistance) and Urban Ministries (Feeding the homeless) - We partner several times a year
- Youth Mentorship Program
- Marriage Workshops
- Reading and Math Summer Enrichment Program
- Financial Awareness Workshops
Expanding the MissionThis expansion project is a very rewarding opportunity to make a difference that will last for many generations to come. Offering a campus with a school, areas for youth and adult enrichment programs, classes to develop gifts in all areas of the arts (theater, music, dance, etc.), a community clothes closet, a food bank, and space for athletic training and leadership development is an investment worth making. Together we can change the mindset of the next generation and equip them for a successful future!
Thank you for your support.